Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday Salon: January 17th

The Sunday Salon.com

Ahhh . . . a three day weekend - can't beat it!! It's hard to imagine that I am already looking forward to a break after just returning from a 3 week vacation but having the three day weekend does ease me gently back into work! I have been fighting jetlag all week so the weekend gave me chance to get much needed sleep and I happily report that I am fully caught up and operating in my correct time zone.

This week went by in a blur but started last Sunday with the wrap-up of Bloggiesta hosted by Natasha at Maw Books - I really loved this event because it introduced me to the community of book blogging. I started my book blog to share my thoughts on books I read but also to hear from others about those same books and others that they recommend. After Bloggiesta, I have been introduced to many new blogs and have had some great dialogues with fellow book bloggers - thanks to all of you who have stopped by and I look forward to continuing the dialogue!

I did some work on my blog during Bloggiesta including adding the comments widget and the RSS feed - I keep current with my favorite blogs in my yahoo reader and realized I wasn't even offering a RSS option on my blog - beginner's oversight, I guess! I also started tracking my reads on Fyrefly's spreadsheet. Mmmmm . . . I work with data and graphs every day in my job and love to analyze and cut data different ways - this spreadsheet may have unleashed a monster!

Here is what I reviewed this week:
Colour of Love by Preethi Nair
Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster

Here is what I read/listened to this week:
Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella - review coming this week
Live for Your Listening Pleasure by David Sedaris (audiobook) - review coming this week

Hope you all have a great week and I look forward to hearing what you have to say!

1 comment:

  1. I work with data and graphs every day in my job and love to analyze and cut data different ways

    ...that's pretty much my exact reasoning for why I created the spreadsheet in the first place! I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)

    ReplyDelete