Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas in January?

No, I have not abandoned my blog but I can't blame people for thinking I might considering I have not posted since Dec 19th!  The holidays and travel intervened and my best laid plans for scheduled posts, etc fell victim to too little time and connectivity issues while in Thailand.  But  - I am in Bangkok now with a good internet connection so on with the posts!

First up is a post about my Holiday Swap Secret Santa present - it arrived just before I left and I was floored by the thoughtfulness of my Santa in selecting books for me.  My secret Santa - Charlotte from Charlotte's Library - sent me too lovely books both of which have been on my TBR list.  The books were beautifully wrapped (the picture only shows the green ribbon which wrapped the packages since I tore into the wrapping before taking a photo!) and accompanied by a card. 


Charlotte selected for me -


Chosen: A Novel by Chandra Hoffman
The Pleasure Seekers: A Novel by Tishani Doshi

To further complete the book blogger circle, both of these books are ones I selected for my TBR based on recommendations by other bloggers!

Charlotte's blog focuses on science fiction and fantasy books for children - please stop by and visit her blog - I especially like her Sunday Round-Up  posts because they provide a nice summary of reviews in this genre from across the blogosphere.  

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and all the best for 2011! 


4 comments:

  1. We are glad to hear that all is well; safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posting from Thailand? You are dedicated. Happy New Year! As for the posts below, I’m catching up after a couple of weeks offline. I liked your Magnolia review below. I left behind city life to raise my kids in a small town so can relate. I’m interested to hear about your iPad. I got a Kindle for X-mas. My parents took my kids to the Tenement Museum, and they were fascinated by the glimpse back at my family’s heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely gifts! I hope you enjoy your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful gifts! Don't you love how much the bloggers care about sending books to other bloggers? Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete